Sunday 17 April 2011

Post mortem on Trip to Melaka

Restless night, the night before last night was a headache, eventhough each one of us slept quite late during the early morning of yesterday, we all still manage to get out of bed and head out for the trip to Melaka.

It may be our last trip as a family since one of my "children" are setting off to a different department. I woke up at 9am, called the two love birds only to find that both are still sleeping. I woke them up too and start to get myself ready. When everything at home was settled, head out to the open highway. Caught myself in a massive jam, manage to get out of it by making a huge turnaround and went to the furtherest route to find the highway.

Meanwhile, called my besties, Imah, practically begged her on the phone to ask her to accompany me....Finally she said yes and threw my hands in the air and said "yey"...Thank goodness that she had agreed to follow me for this trip. I wanted to tell her so many things about this people  work with and also some of the personal stuff....She knows that when ever I had issues, I'll turn to her, despite wherever she is, I'll would just call her or see her....

Anyway... Arrived in McD of Sg Besi around 10 something... Finding another power couple(Ain & Arm) sitting down enjoying their breakfast... sat myself down beside them and enjoy company.... then one by one came.... Finally made a move at 12.20pm.... We headed out towards Seremban in the drizzling rain...back of my head kept on saying I have to go on first to cut the time.

So, some where near the Bandar Putra exit, I had to bypass the 3 cars and went on ahead....I reached 15minutes earlier than the rest of the team, went to pick up Imah and head out to the nearest McD to wait for one of the cars to arrive. As the car arrived, received a call from Muni saying the rest of them have finally reached their destination for me to pick them up.

Both cars headed off to Paroi to collect the team and set to Melaka... The journey was a blast to and fro... Eventhough it was a bit(a tiny bit) unorganize, but I salute them for making the most memorable trip so far.... We had lunch at one of the restaurant in Bukit Katil... I had myself  "Beef assam pedas" dish... Imah took pretty mush the same as me, Muni had "gulai lemak", Atuk was all vegietarian (I think); Ros, Ayu, Fitri and Paan all had "Assam pedas" dish as well, and not to forget, Ain and Arm were enjoying fried chicken and some other dishes(I couldn't quite remember)....

As for lunch which all have been taken care of, we headed to Taman Mini Malaysia....I can see how excited these kids are to enjoy each and every traditional homes that were set up there. As for me, I took a stroll with my besties to the houses that seems interesting as it lead me to see how the houses were constructed in the old days. Meantime, while these kids were running around taking pictures and all, I was consulting my personal issues to her for me to find my way out from my own mess. Thanks Imah(I'll try my best though after we had that talk).



After Taman Mini, all of us headed out to Bandar Melaka. Parked my car at Taming Sari as all of us waited for the rest to gather up and decide what to do. Finding out that the kids wanted to ride the Taming Sari, I set off the idea to ride that thing....not really afraid of heights, just simply set that one out.(Sorry kids, just given all u a white lie there)...My besties and I walk around to kill the time, finally took a trishaw ride all around the block and visit all the places with historical background there, the courthouse, the buildings, saw 'A famosa', took picture at the train.... and last but not least, took the boat ride at Riverside Cruise....

Finally reached back to the car closed to 9.40pm...everybody's hungry as we speak, we all drove all the way to Umbai...took 40 odd minutes to arrive to location. The food is great, we had (itadakimatsu), Barramundi savoury '3 rasa' dish, it is also cook as stimmed, tempura cuttlefish, and Sweet Sour crabs....
Hmmm Yum yum... enjoyed the feast, food are heavenly. We were all stuffed and it was already 12.30am... set off to the Ayeh Keroh toll, lead by Ayuni(thanks for getting us out)...next destination: HOME(for at least some of us)....

Took a stop at Ayer Keroh R&R, for Ain and Arm to switch drivers, then drove back on the freeway... I bypassed them all for me to head to Seremban (to drop off a few passengers), reached there at 2.02am to drop Imah, then to Paroi to drop Atuk roughly at 2.36am... I drove back to KL and reach Flora at 3.30am to drop off Muni and finally walk in  to my crib at 4am.

Wow! What a full long day....I had enjoyed my trip yesterday with the team together with my best friend, Finally I got to have that so called holiday with Imah(mind and tension releaser trip).... Thanks for being there when I needed you most. And thanks to all who have made the trip possible.....

No comments:

Post a Comment